This week (December 4-10, 2022), Surgery Center Cedar Rapids is spreading awareness about the importance of good hand hygiene to prevent infections and the spread of germs. Handwashing is your best weapon to protect you and your family against the flu, COVID-19, RSV and other infections this winter.
How to Properly Wash Your Hands According to the CDC:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.
- Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or an air dryer.
In honor of National Handwashing Awareness Week, get to know Infection Control Nurse Shana at Surgery Center Cedar Rapids!